What were Friday nights made for if not mudslides? Make that Vegan Mudslides.
This is a fun delicious recipe that is super easy and definitely more healthy than your typical dessert drink.
One great thing about mudslides is their versatility. They’re the perfect drink for a night in with some pals or can easily be dressed up for special occasions. Christmas? Sprinkle some crushed candy cane on top. Birthday bash? Coat the rim with crystal sprinkles and pop in a cute cardboard straw.
Following a dairy-free or vegan diet no longer means an end to your fun festive drinking . . . with these delicious dairy-free mudslides you can have your [ice cream] cake and eat it too!
Vegan Mudslides (Sans Ice Cream!)
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
- Add almonds and water to your blender. Begin blending at a low speed and slowly increase to the highest. Once the blending is smooth, let it run for one minute. At this time the nuts should be a cream.
- Add vodka and repeat the blending process from step #1. This will mix the liquid into the almonds and smoothen them further.
- Next add coconut butter, chocolate syrup and the frozen banana. Start blending at a low speed and quickly climb to high. This blending should be fast and last no longer than 30 seconds in order to prevent the mixture from getting to thin. Stop and use a butter knife or spatula to assist the blending if necessary.
- Add ice and pulse on the ice crush setting for about 5 seconds. If your blender doesn’t have this setting, use its highest setting. Stop and stir with your knife/spatula to push the ice down. Pulse again, repeating this process until the consistency is like a thick milkshake.
- Drizzle chocolate syrup into your serving glasses and divide the drink between them.