It’s officially the season of pumkin spice and everything nice! So, if you’re on the prowl for the quickest & most delicious way to add some pumpkin into your diet, look no further than these Vegan Chocolate Pumpkin Cups.
They’re so simple to make and utilize only REAL ingredients.
This dessert is made with superfoods instead of the unecessary gluten, dairy, soy, gums, fillers and refined sugars found in those at the grocery store.
Also, unlike many “pumpkin” desserts, these Chocolate Pumpkin Cups incorporate actual pumpkin instead of just a spice blend which mimics the flavor.
So, bring a plate of these babies to your next Fall festivity and you’re sure to impress all of the pumpkin spice latte lovers!
Be sure to check out this Vegan + Gluten-Free Pumpkin Skillet too for more Fall cozy deliciousness. xo, mel
Vegan Chocolate Pumpkin Cups
Prep time: 10 minutes
Freeze time: 40 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes
Yield: 6 mega cups
Cupcake pan + liners or candy mould
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 pure maple syrup, chilled (or less)
1/4 cup pumpkin puree
3 Tbsp nut butter of choice (here i used cashew butter, recipe can be made nut-free by using seed butter or coconut instead)
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp clove
- Line a cupcake tray with 6 paper liners and set aside.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, heat coconut oil on a low heat until it is completely melted.
- Mix in 1/4 cup of cocoa powder at a time to ensure that the mixture is smooth.
- Once the coconut oil and cocoa powder are combined, mix in maple syrup. This should be chilled to ensure that it binds to the chocolate avoiding a separation once hardened. If you’d like, add syrup 1 Tbsp at a time and adjust to taste preferene.
- Ensuring that the syrup is thoroughly mixed in, pour 1 Tbsp of chocolate into each cupcake slot. Place tray on a level surface in the freezer. Sometimes putting the tray on a cutting board is helpful to help maintain its balance. Set a timer for 10 minutes.
- While the base layer freezes, prepare the filling. Combine pumpkin and nut butter in a small bowl then mix in spices. Once the time has elapsed, remove the tray from the freezer and spoon 1 Tbsp of filling into each cup. Using the bottom of your measuring spoon, smooth the filling into an even layer across the surface. This doesn’t have to be smoothed perfectly.
- Give your chocolate a good mix and spoon an additional tablespoon into each cup. Use remaining chocolate to cover any filling that peaks through.
- Freeze for at least 30 minutes. The cups may appear ready fter 10 or so minutes but the top layer will be solid while the filling will still be a warm mousse. For optimum delicacy, wait the full 30 minutes and sprinkle a pinch of sea salt before indulging.