Since cutting gluten out of my diet, pizza hasn’t been the same. It’s usually either thin, soggy or crumbly. But, not this one! This Vegan Pizza Crust Recipe is plant-based, gluten-free and will definitely curb your cravings without any feelings of guilt or bloat.
That’s right—you can load this baby up with all the toppings without a worry of it breaking before you get a taste of the goods.
This is all thanks to the sweet potato, which does a great job binding the ingredients like an egg would all while maintaining a perfect level of moisture. Thanks, sweetie!
It also has that perfect degree of crispiness on the outside while remaining soft and delicate on the inside. So, quit wasting time and get your pizza on!
Sweet Potato Pizza Crust
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
Yield: 2 pizzas
Medium mixing bowl
1 cup cooked sweet potato**
1 tablespoon avocado oil
1 teaspoon water
1 cup gluten-free all purpose baking flour
2 tablespoon nutritional yeast
1/2 tsp italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
6 twists black pepper
4 twists pink sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add sweet potato, avocado oil and water to a magic bullet or blender. Blend until ingredients are combined into a smooth puree then set aside.
- Add your remaining ingredients to a medium-sized mixing bowl and use a spatula to combine.
- Transfer the wet ingredients from the blender into the mixing bowl and begin to fold them into the dry. Continue to do this until a uniform dough is formed.
- Pick up the dough, roll it into a ball or log and split into two even portions. It shouldn’t be sticky. Handling only one half, begin to flatten it into a circle. Place the rough circle of dough onto your parchment-lined baking sheet. Continue to mold it into a circle shape, thinning out the crust as you go. Use cupped hands to create a smoothe edge on the dough. Then flip. Repeat this process of thinning, smoothing and flipping until your pizza is about 6″ in diameter.
- When you have your desired pizza shape, place the baking sheet in the oven to bake for 20 minutes. After this initial time, remove and add your desired toppings. Return to the oven for an additional 10 minutes then remove, cut and devour.
**You can used baked or microwaved sweet potato. To microwave: pierce scrubbed potato with a fork twice on each side and cook for 3 minutes on high, flipping halfway. May need another minute depending on size.